UPDATE 01.09.2022: Overview of Support to our partners at V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University:
A full, updated overview of our support to our partners at V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University can be found here.
PDF – UP Aurora Ukraine Support Efforts Overview
UPDATE 15.03.2022: UP Coordinated aid for Ukrainian Students:
Any Ukrainian student interested in studying at Palacky University Olomouc can fill in the following questionnaire:
Questionnaire – Ukrainian Students interested in studying at UP
At the moment, no limit has been set on the amount of Ukrainian students that Palacky University Olomouc can welcome.
We can offer Ukrainian Students the following:
- Ukrainian Students are eligible for a scholarship of 10 000 CZK a month offered by the Czech government, and paid by Palacky University Olomouc.
- The students will be accepted as exchange students.
- Students can attend Czech language classes, and classes in English for Erasmus students.
- Teachers will be asked to give all Ukrainian students a chance to finish their classes successfully and receive credit, if necessary with some extra work.
- Each student is eligible for two semesters of such support.
- National legislation currently allows entry into studies only through the standard admission procedure. A new special procedure for Ukrainian students is currently being prepared.
- Ukrainian Students can apply to study at Palacky University as permanent students if they pass the test and get B1 level of Czech.
UPDATE: As we speak, V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University is facing massive damages to its buildings. Our colleagues from Kharkiv made the following video and ask for your help!
Video – Help V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University!
Coordinated Aurora support to Karazin University
Given the leading role our university has in the Aurora Capacity Development Support Program, UP has taken a coordinating role to help colleagues at V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University on behalf of the Aurora universities.
The Aurora UP office is currently undertaking following short-term (humanitarian) actions in collaboration with VU and Aurora Network:
- Ensuring the immediate protection and securing relocation, employment, and accommodation at UP for Aurora focal points at International office of Karazin University
- Supporting online teaching of Karazin Kharkiv per internal fundraising and purchase of equipment by Aurora universities
- Continuous assessment of needs and fundraising for Karazin staff and students and info-sharing among Aurora universities
- Systemic and collaborative bottom-up support development: Implementing range of support actions for Karazin institution and its students and staff as per continuous assessment of needs in collaboration with Karazin Intenational office.
For more details on full scope of our planned actions (short-term, mid-term and long-term), see our Action plan (April update).
UP will continue planning ahead and communicating these available protection resources to V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University staff and students and has set up a website in Czech, English, Ukrainian that is a focal point of official info-sharing https://www.upol.cz/en/ukraine/.
We are grateful for joint efforts and Aurora’s collaboration in supporting the colleagues at V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University and look forward to your continuing support.
If you wish to help and support our partners at V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University or wish to reach our colleagues from Ukraine, please contact our Institutional Coordinator Selma Porobic.